For properly maintained doors, we guarantee they will be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the time of manufacture for 2 years. All visible defects or mistakes in shipment must be reported to us before the product is installed or trimmed, otherwise product shall be deemed correct and/or acceptable. All doors are pre-finished, unless some other agreement is made.
THE FOLLOWING SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED DEFECTS IN MATERIAL OR WORKMANSHIP AND ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY:
- Warp for any door wider than 42″ or taller than 96″;
- Warp for any nominal 1-3/4″ thick by 42″ wide by 96″ high or smaller door, not exceeding 1/4″ in the plane of the door itself;
- Bow or nonalignment in the frame or jamb in which the door is hung if such is purchased from Huisman Concepts, Inc. un-machined and not prehung;
- Variations or unsatisfactory results in gloss level, texture or appearance resulting from the field application of paint or any other finishing material;
- Natural variations in the color or texture of the wood;
- Damage caused by others or by any cause beyond the control of Huisman Concepts, Inc., including but not limited to damage caused by misuse, abuse, accident, mishandling and by extreme weather conditions, severe temperatures variations, direct sun light, snow or rain, great humidity changes, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, tornado or other acts of nature;
- 1-1/8″ thick doors which are wider than 3′-0″ or higher than 7′-0″
- 1-3/8″ thick doors which are wider than 3′-0″ or higher than 7′-0″
- 1-3/4″ thick doors which are wider than 3′-6″ or higher than 8′-0″
- 2-1/4″ and thicker doors which are wider than 3′-6″ or higher than 10′-0″
- Doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely
- Doors with panels over 27″ in width
- Hardwood doors, except for Genuine Teak doors, used in exterior applications
- Exterior doors installed in locations that allow them to receive, either direct or indirect moisture wetting
- Doors with mitered rim panels used in exterior applications
“Misuse” of a door includes, but is not limited to, using a door on part of a building without providing adequate overhang or an appropriate finish color. Adequate overhang depends on the typical weather conditions of the area where the door is to be used, but typically means an overhang projecting a distance from the structure one half the elevation difference between the bottom of the door and the base of the overhang structure at the point which is farthest from the door. In order to reduce the chance of warping or checking, dark colored finishes should be avoided on all surfaces, especially on light colored wood species, or if the door is exposed to direct sunlight;
- The discoloration or rusting of decorative metal accent options, (Grilles, Clavos, Straps, etc.)
- Knot placement, quantity, or size found on knotty alder;
- Raised (hair like) grain found on wire brushed surface.
- Damage due to trimming more than 1/2″ from the top or 1-1/2″ from the bottom;
- Damage caused by failure to comply with the Care, Handling or Finishing; to include but not limited to damage caused by failing to seal all six (6) sides of the door.
- Failure to perform normal homeowner’s maintenance, including maintaining the finish;
- Product failure due to improper or incorrect installation;
- Attempts to repair Huisman Concepts, Inc. products other than by Huisman Concepts, Inc.;
- Hardwood surface checks that are less than 1/32″ in width and/or 2″ in length; Knotty Alder surface checks that are less than 1/8″ in width and/or 5″ in length;
- Panel movement (shrinkage) of 1/4″ or less. Temperature and humidity may cause the wood panels in your door to shrink, leaving an unstained line along the panel edge. The panels in your door have been designed to “float.”
- Damage caused by extreme temperature buildup where a storm door is utilized. Storm doors must be vented to eliminate this temperature buildup;
- Slight expansion or contraction due to varying environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity;
- If the claimed non-conformity is warp, Huisman Concepts, Inc. may defer repairing or replacing the product for a period of up to twelve (12) months from the date of claim or the date when the product was installed, as it is not uncommon for a temporary warp condition to occur as the door adjust to local humidity and temperature conditions.
- Doors made in other wood than genuine Burmese Teak grade A
Claims under this Guarantee must be made in writing within the period of this warranty and prior to the beginning of any repair work. Claims should detail the date of purchase, the nature of the problem, and the name, address, telephone number and e-mail of the person making the warranty claim.
THIS GUARANTEE EXTENDS ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF PRODUCTS OR TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE STRUCTURE INTO WHICH SUCH PRODUCTS ARE INSTALLED.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
THIS WARRANTY SETS FORTH HUISMAN CONCEPTS, INC. MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ITS PRODUCTS. THE-WOOD STUDIO MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH THE RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS EXCEPT AS IT IS SET FORTH ABOVE. NO DISTRIBUTOR, DEALER OR REPRESENTATIVE HAS THE AUTHORITY TO CHANGE OR MODIFY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO INSTANCE SHALL HUISMAN CONCEPTS, INC. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.